Saturday

So.....You're a Social Media Expert.....

While tweeting my days away, I notice a lot of folks who say they are "Social Media Experts". I often ask myself what exactly qualifies one to be labeled as one these so called "experts"?

By my random observations, it appears to go something like this:

1 - Have a circle of "Social Media Expert" friends.

2 - Constantly namedrop said friends at every available opportunity.

3 - Constantly link to articles written by these friends about how great your Social Media skills are and vice-versa.

It reminds me of the book reviews on Amazon where a certain "circle" of writers all give each others books glowing 5 star reviews. Something just doesn't seem right....

Anyways, back to my original question: What exactly qualifies one as a "Social Media Expert"?

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahah..... exactly. That's why I trimmed my twitter list... i realized there are only 1-2 experts and the other million are just wannabees ;)

    ReplyDelete