Saturday

Me + Facebook = Zero Productivity

I've pretty much realized the sad fact that if I log on to Facebook at any point during the day, I might as well give up on productivity from that point on. It's not so much Facebook itself, as it is the games and add-ons that I've installed to interact with friends.

Over the past month or so I've gotten down to about 4 add-ons, and while it doesn't sound like a lot, those 4 can take up a mind blowing amount of time. I help friends build their mafias, farm their crops, send them virtual drinks, and so on.

My goal is, by the end of this month to be down to 2 add-ons, refuse to take anymore quizzes or polls, only join causes *I* actually care about, & keep hitting that "ignore" button when asked to join in on the latest game craze! I may have just become the facebook party pooper!

At least now I may just get some stuff done!

2 comments:

  1. I used to be afraid of the "ignore" button, I thought others would find out that I ignored them, like Facebook would tattle. Then I realized things that I offered "friends" was being ignored by them. Now I seem to "ignore" more than I "friend" ... are you following me here?

    Anyway, I am not part of a Mafia or YoYoVille or a Farming Community. I will not play Bejeweled or send cocktails or bling. I am not popular in the real world or the virtual world. Just "ignore" the peer pressure, Ryan, unless it comes from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here brother. Trying to find the right mix for us. Me and Nicole both have a major issue with all social media. It's a total time suck, and no $$ comes from it. My personal opinion is that if it doesn't make $$$ then it shouldn't be around during biz hours. I don't even care for the apps... my joy is in knowing what others are doing, for some odd reason. =/

    ReplyDelete